Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006. STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is providing internship opportunity for university students to explore new experiences through learning-by-doing, as following:
|POSITION||NO. OF VACANCY||REQUIRED DEGREE|
|Community Mapping Intern||02||Community Development/Land Management/Land Administration/Urban Planning or a related field|
|Community Empowerment Project Intern||01||A student/graduate in law, Land Management, Development Studies, Human Rights or a related field|
Reporting to : Relevant Project Managers
Schedule : Full/Part Time
Project Period : 3 to 6 months
Allowance : USD 100 per month plus other benefits
- Is studying in year 3 or 4 in related fields
- Willing to learn and commit to work full/part time
- Can use computer application relevant to the study fields
- Understanding of English communication
- Can travel to target communities (as required)
- Be honest, Loyalty, Friendly and hard working
What does STT offer interns?
- An opportunity to gain work experience for fresh graduates and university students
- Interns can apply what they have learnt to specific projects
- Interns can learn and understand about STT’s projects and social work
- The development of ideas through Learning by Doing (LbD)
How will STT support the intern?
- Training and support
- Desk and computer with internet access available
- Documents for learning and research available
- Work experience in an office environment and working with urban poor communities.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to STT office: #07, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or via e-mail to email@example.com, no later than August 28, 2019 before 5:00 PM. Applications must be stated “Application for Community Mapping Intern or Community Empowerment Project Intern” in the Subject Line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.