Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006. STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Land and Housing Rights Project Officers
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Land and Housing Rights Project Manager
Hiring : 01 Person
Starting Date : March 2019
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : N/A
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
- Project Management: Assist the Project Manager in project management in term of project planning, organizing, leading, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Project Implementation: Under supervision of Project Manager, undertake specific activities including:
- Community monitoring: To monitor target communities’ event and other case of land conflict.
- Community Profiling: To write and produce profile of community and other report of land conflict.
- Community Mapping: To assist participatory mapping activities and help to produce hand-drawn and digital maps and other information working alongside the other team and communities.
- Community Survey: To participate designing and complete surveys of target communities working with STT staff and assist collaboration with communities and local authorities.
- Legal Analysis: To collate and analyze data collected through surveys, interviews and other means and support to write legal advice sheet with exiting template.
- Workshop, Training, Meeting: To involves, assists and organizes any trainings, meetings and workshops in relation to project implementation under instruction of Project Manager.
- Project Innovation: To keep abreast of technical development in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities.
- Other Project and Tasks: To assist other project tasks and other additional tasks as required by other Managers and/or Management Committee.
Skills and Qualification
The post holder is expected to have:
- Bachelor Degree of Law, Human Rights, Social Science, Urban Planning, Environment, Mapping, or other related fields
- Minimum 02 years working experiences in community development
- Good communication skills with a range of stakeholders including communities, representatives of other NGOs, and colleagues.
- Excellent organization skills and be able to manage the logistics of organizing meetings and hearing the voices of people living under threat of eviction.
- Computer literacy and be able to produce useful data for the Community Project Coordinator and members of the Management Committee.
- Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
- Analytical skills and the ability to gather information from a variety of sources to assist in the production of clear, concise reports.
- The ability to lead a small team and to produce high quality outputs.
STT is providing internship opportunity for University student to explore new experiences through learning-by-doing, as following:
|POSITION||NO. OF VACANCY||REQUIRED DEGREE|
|Media and ICT Intern||1||Computer Science/IT/Media Communication|
|Land and Housing Right Project Intern||1||Law/Human Rights/ Social Science/ Urban Planning/ Environment/ Mapping|
Reporting to : Project Manager
Schedule : Full Time
Project Period : 6 months
Allowance : USD 100 per month
- Is studying in year 3 or 4 in related fields
- Willing to learn and commit to work full/part time
- Can use computer application relevant to the study fields
- Can understand and communicate in English.
- Can travel to target communities (as required)
- Be honest, loyalty, friendly and hard working
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com or given office address below by 16 March 2020 before 5pm. Applications must be stated “Apply for Internship” or will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview (possibly before application deadline).
Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Telephone : 023 555 1964
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.teangtnaut.org
Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Daeum Thkov, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh.