Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006. STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
2 (two) Community Empowerment Project Officers
Unit : Programmer Manager
Reporting to : Community Empowerment Project Manager
Hire : 2 People
Starting Date : December 2018
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : TBC
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
1. Community monitor: To link STT to the housing rights issues at community level making frequent visits to key areas and reporting/documenting the situation. To assist community project manager in promoting the work of STT with urban poor communities
2. Network and meeting support: To assist community based networks providing support, information, and links to other groups. To attend and support informal and formal meetings at community level. To assist the Manager to organize exchange visits between and trainings for communities.
3. NGO/Government meetings: To attend and report on NGO and Government meetings related to housing rights in Phnom Penh in particular with NGO partners the grassroots and community meetings. To provide input when appropriate and to document the meeting
4. Website/documentation: To keep abreast of developments in the circumstances facing urban communities, to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting these communities and methods of successfully resisting evictions. To share information with partners and on the STT website as appropriate. To provide data and assistance to the Senior Project Officer for publication on the website and in other media.
5. Youth Work: To support the community project manager in liaising with local universities and organizing activities for local youth, including an annual student workshop and lecture series.
6. Other projects: To assist community project manager and other projects as required by the program Manager.
Skills and Qualification
The post holder is expected to have:
=> Bachelor Degree of Law, Human Rights, Development, or other related fields
=> Minimum 02 years working experiences in community development
=> Good communication skills with a range of stakeholders including communities, representatives of other NGOs, and colleagues.
=> Excellent organization skills and be able to manage the logistics of organizing meetings and hearing the voices of people living under threat of eviction.
=> Computer literacy and be able to produce useful data for the Community Project Coordinator and members of the Management Committee.
=> Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
=> Analytical skills and the ability to gather information from a variety of sources to assist in the production of clear, concise reports.
=> The ability to lead a small team and to produce high quality outputs.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates may submit your application to email@example.com by indicating clearly the job tittle by January 20, 2019 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Women and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interview Date: Very Urgent Vacancy, First Come First Serve.