Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org
To support our projects, STT is URGENT looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Community Training Officer
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Community ICT and Media Project Manager
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time
Gross Salary : USD 300 – USD 350
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
- Media & ICT Project Management: Support the project manager in all aspects of project management, including reporting and budgeting. Responsibilities with regards to specific activities include:
- Computer lab:
- Develop and conduct training session on social media advocacy that are highly participatory and have practical outcomes.
- Working with ICT team to create learning plans.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of training and modify materials as appropriate
- Conduct workshop promotes a wide range of educational and developmental activities to all members of the community.
- Encourage learning at all levels from very basic technology skills to learning for advocacy and share their voice by using technology. It also includes learning for enjoyment and for building better citizens and communities.
- Project Innovation: To keep abreast of developments in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities. In particular to focus on communities facing eviction, and options for non-violent action and resistance at both local and international level.
- Organization: To support computer lab system and other projects for the whole organization stuff, relating ICT training, as required:
- Provides technical support, training, to community on technical and social media.
- Performs computer trouble-shooting to diagnose computer lab system problems; analyzes hardware and software functionality; identifies, locates, resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority; documents call records and results.
- Responds to the needs and inquiries of STT staff and community activists; explains IT issues, deploys solutions, and follows up with community users to assure the stability and functionality of the computer lab systems.
- Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities of other staff of STT during work when there is an overload of duties, or fill in when an individual is away from the work station.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Media and ICT project Manager.
Skills and Qualification
The post holder is expected to have
- Degree in ICT, Computer Science or other related fields
- 02 year experiences in community training related to technologies, or social medias
- Good communication skills in Khmer and English
- High computer literacy and ability to utilize various media to enable the voices of people living in poverty be heard.
- Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
- The ability to work well in a team and to lead the team in producing high quality outputs for a range of audiences.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates may submit your application to email@example.com by indicating clearly the job tittle by March 07, 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
Interview Date: Very Urgent Vacancy, First Come First Serve.