Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006. STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Unit : Technical Program
Reporting to : MIT & AHUP Project Manager
Hire : 1 Position
Starting Date : ASAP
Schedule : Part Time (20 hours a week)
Salary Range : USD 250 ~ USD 300
1. Community Mapping: Lead participatory mapping activities and the production of hand-drawn and digital maps and other information working alongside the other teams and target communities.
2. Community Surveys: Design and complete surveys and mapping of target communities working with STT staff, and assisting collaboration with communities.
3. Data Analysis: Analyze data and lead on the production of relevant statistics and other data summaries, including final project documentation.
4. Crowd-source mapping: Gather for and add relevant data to OpenStreetMap and other crowdsourcing sites including Urban Voice.
5. Enumeration Training: To conduct community mapping and enumeration training to target communities under supervision from Project Manager.
6. Project Innovation: Keep abreast of technical developments in project fields and maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities.
7. Others Projects and Tasks: Assist other project staff and other additional tasks as required by other Managers and or Management Committee
• Bachelor degree in Land management or other related fields
• At least 2 years experiences in related fields
• Good English both speaking and writing
• Computer application: Ms. Office, Arc GIS, Google Earth, DNR Garmin, Q GIS
• Good land management skills, to be proficient in GIS mapping and the production of easily accessible information using a range of computer software to develop high quality resources.
• Good communication skills, to well communicate with stakeholders including communities, local authorities, and colleagues. The ability to write reports and make presentations to a range of audiences.
• Good networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
• Analytical ability to be able to gather information from a variety of sources to produce clear, concise reports concerning the housing rights of communities living under threat of eviction and in poverty.
• The ability to work well in a team and to lead the team in producing high quality outputs for a range of audiences.
• An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) to e-mail email@example.com or to STT’s address provided below by February 12, 2018. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.