Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006. STT is currently looking for a full-time Cambodian intern to support the work of its Community Project. The successful candidate will work closely with the project team, taking on real responsibilities and learning new skills.
- Assist in monitoring community actions such as demonstration, campaigns and other related events on land and housing rights issues.
- Assist in going to field trip focusing on monitoring and updating more information of urban poor communities and communities under threat of eviction.
- Assist community project team in organizing urgent community meeting and community monthly meeting.
- Assist community project team in attending community meetings
- Other tasks assigned by the Project Manager.
- A student/graduate in Law, International Relation, Social Science and Land Management or a related field.
All interns are expected to:
- have ability to use a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including internet use.
- have good ability to understand and communicate in Khmer and English.
- have commitment to full-time work with target communities.
- bring their own laptop.
What does STT offer interns?
- An opportunity to gain work experience for fresh graduates and university students
- Interns can apply what they have learnt to specific projects
- Interns can learn and understand about STT’s projects and social work
- The development of ideas through Learning by Doing (LbD)
How will STT support the intern?
- Training and support
- Internet access
- Documents for learning
- Work experience in an office environment and working with urban poor communities
- Monthly allowance of USD $80
- Transportation allowance of 800 Riel per kilometer (when going to the field only)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to STT office: #07, St 494, Sangkat Phsar Deum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 31, 2017 before 5:00 PM. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. E-mailed applications should state “Application for Community Project Intern” in the Subject Line.