Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006.STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Board of Director (3 Positions)
STT is governed by a Board of Directors. The current board members meet every quarter to discuss and approve strategic issues and policies. To ensure both continuity and the opportunity for constant renewal within the Board, STT is seeking 2 new board members to replace members whose terms have expired.
Work as a team with other board members to ensure that the aims and objectives of the organization are being implemented.These functions include:
- Managing the Executive Director
- Approving the strategic and annual operation plans of STT
- Adopting and overseeing the policies and procedures of the organization
- Oversight of financial aspects
- Monitoring the operation of STT in relation to the vision, mission, objectives and policies of the organization etc.
The Board members must be honest and of good repute possessing a broad range of skills and experience appropriate to the governing of the organization such as:
- Experience in urban issues, development, land and housing rights;
- Working with marginalized communities; experience in resource mobilization/fundraising and organizational development;
- Background/experience in architecture, designing and/or engineering;
- Knowledge and experience in IT Communication
- Background/knowledge of law, political science and human rights etc.
It is an unpaid position. We are looking for those who would like to make a contribution to NGO governance on a voluntary basis. Non-financial benefits include networking and learning opportunity for being part of a professional NGO governance body.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to STT’s address provided below by May 31, 2017. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name: Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Contact No.: 023 555 1964
Address: #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Daeum Thkov, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh