Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006.STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
Program Advisor (Still Open)
Unit : Finance
Reporting to : Executive Director
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
The role of the Program Advisor is to assist the Executive Director and the Program Managers in improving program strategy and implementation. The Advisor will provide proposal and report writing support; help develop strategic approaches, strengthen existing tools and systems, help prepare research and advocacy materials, take the lead in drafting and editing proposals, reports and media communications, serve as a point person and advisor for English-language communications, assist in developing and conducting external/internal training, and assist programs in improving overall research and advocacy strategies for the organization.
• To work with the Executive Director, Programme Managers and MC to ensure programmes and operations are aligned and representative of the vision and direction of STT.
• To support and work with MC colleagues in ensuring that STT operates efficiently and effectively, with clear goals, policies and a productive working atmosphere.
Non-voting advisor to the Management Committee (MC):
• Without having the right to vote on decisions by the MC, the advisor attends MC meetings and provides inputs and suggestions on the development and direction of programme management and organisational management.
• The advisor also assists the ED in preparing reports to the Board of Directors; and planning the objective and agenda of the annual staff retreat; and planning and preparation of STT’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Media and Communications:
• Act as liaison between STT and members of the foreign-language media. Develop relationships with members of the media to ensure coverage of key events and issues. Provide information/interviews to print, radio and visual media both on the record and off the record, as required and assist other staff in developing appropriate responses to media inquiries.
Proposal Writing & Reporting to Donors:
• Compile funding applications in close collaboration with Program Managers, work with the Finance Manager to develop proposal budgets and submit to the ED.
• Support and collaborate with the ED and Program Managers to manage donor and partner relations (such as through meetings; preparing reports and policy briefs; organise or coordinate community and site visits for donors and partners; email communication on matters pertaining to grants, reports and programme implementation).
• Compile all reports from Program Managers and submit them to the ED, and assist the ED in finalizing reports to donors.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation process led by the Program Managers.
• Provide strategic advice and support to teams of the Technical and Advocacy Programs during the planning and implementation stages of different projects.
• Support Project Managers with recruiting, monitor and engaging consultants for project implementation.
• Identify potential external training for Program Managers, ED and staff, and provide mentoring support in implementing training material.
• Work with the MC to monitor, manage and update STT’s annual Staff Capacity Development Plan.
Other duties: May be required to work on other projects with STT as agreed within the MC or as directed by the ED, which might include preparing reports to specific donors, performing administrative duties and participating in meetings as needed, assisting the ED in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving program activities, and provide writing, editing and strategy assistance, as needed, for technical, advocacy and communication matters
• University degree in Law, Public Administration, Development, Social Work, Journalism, Communications or a closely related field.
• This post is open for international candidate only (proficiency in Khmer is an advantage)
• At least 5 years’ experience working in the field of development, journalism, management, communications or public relations.
• Working knowledge of international human rights instruments.
• Previous experience/knowledge on budgeting and budget monitoring would be preferred.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) with their expected salary via e-mail to email@example.com or to STT’s address provided below by July 31, 2017. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for and their expected salary will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.teangtnaut.org
Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Daeum Thkov, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh