- Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build rooves, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
The purpose of the consultancy is to help STT staff build strong foundations on community facilitation skills, including effective communication and facilitation to enhance work effectiveness with target urban and vulnerable communities.
- Expected Results and Deliverables
– Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget, to STT.
– One training course on community facilitation skills will be provided to STT’s relevant staff members.
– A report of the capacity of staff members following the training course will be produced and submitted to STT.
- Methods and Activities
The training course will use standard TOT methodologies/techniques and as much practical as possible. The training will be conducted in a way so that participants will have the opportunity to clarify and practice key facilitation techniques and methodologies.
Topics the training should be covered include but are not limited to:
– Good communication: what is it and how is it best applied?
– What makes effective communication
– Roles/functions of training and facilitation
– Good community facilitator: what are the roles, what are the required competencies
– Key approaches and techniques for community facilitation
– Soft skills needed for effective community facilitation
– Designing the facilitation process
– Motivating participation and managing a group’s dynamic
– Problem solving in community facilitation
- Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with Administration and Human Resource Manager and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy.
- Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be between three to five days from the start date.
- Consultancy Fee
This consultancy fee is competitive.
- Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
– Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of capacity building and training.
– Experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: August 8, 2022 before 5:00pm.