1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut Organization (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities to build roofs, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land. Furthermore, STT also helps urban communities gain awareness of the ID Poor Program. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to conduct research, which will update a study on public state land being handed over to the private sector.
The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct an in-depth research and to examine on how the private sector receives the public state land across Cambodia. The data of research findings will be used as an online database for public users to access and download.
3. Key Research questions:
- How many plots of land have been granted?
- What were the process of transferring the state-owned land to other actors?
- Which actors get the most?
4. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be 8 months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
5. Consultancy Fee
The consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate.
6. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
- Degree in relevant subject matter.
- Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of social research.
- Experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
- Ability to review and understand about the sub-decree of public land cutting and other legal and policies perspective in Cambodia.
- Knowledge on mapping
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Khmer is an advantage.
7. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their tender offers, including CVs, Technical proposal, financial proposal, and examples of relevant previous work via email in pdf format to STT at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for discussions and interviews. Female and people with disabilities are encouraged to applied.
Closing date: February 12, 2024 before 5pm