1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build rooves, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
The purpose of the consultancy is to develop a long-term Advocacy and Communication strategy for STT and to facilitate a training session for all STT staff. The consultant is expected to work with the STT team to develop the strategy, including indicators and measurement tools, taking into consideration the political and public health context in Cambodia.
3. Expected Results and Deliverables
– Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget, to STT.
– One Advocacy and Communication Strategy will be developed with inputs from all staff.
– Reports of the progress of the consultancy with verbal presentation of progress as appropriate.
– A training session to all STT staff which will highlight the purpose of the strategy and outline key indicators.
4. Methods and Activities
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, in close collaboration with the Program Manager and relevant Project Managers on the elimination of child labor, the consultant will be responsible for the development of the Advocacy and Communication Strategy for STT.
Specifically, the Consultant will be responsible for undertaking following tasks:
– Desk review of relevant documents including the existing Advocacy Strategy, Strategic Plan, project documents, reports, evaluations and policies.
– Meet with relevant STT staff in order to receive inputs on challenges, successes and overall direction of STT’s projects.
– Draft a complete advocacy strategy, outlining clear objectives, target activities, partner organizations, deliverables and indicators, as well as an implementation plan for the first year.
– Provide recommendations on potential structure, focus and thematic areas of priority over the coming year.
– Share the draft advocacy strategy and implementation plan with the STT team.
– Present draft advocacy strategy at the validation workshop (to be held virtually or face to face)
– Prepare final Advocacy and Communication Strategy based on comments and feedback received at the validation workshop.
– Facilitate training session on the Advocacy and Communication Strategy.
5. Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Executive Director, the Program Manager, relevant Project Managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy.
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be two months from the start date.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultancy will be paid at a competitive rate.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
– Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of facilitating capacity building and trainings for NGOs.
– Experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Knowledge of human rights, especially land rights advocacy in Cambodia.
– Good research, analytical, reporting, presentation and drafting skills.
– Ability to analyze and interpret data.
– Extensive work experience and proven record in advocacy, policy, social campaign strategic management
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources: email@example.com.
Closing date: 01st February 2022, at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org