1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build rooves, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to develop a community database in order to present data from the urban poor communities in Phnom Penh, in an engaging manner and to provide easy access and downloadable content for the public.
The purpose of this consultancy is:
– to develop a functional and accessible internal community database, with publicly accessible components
– to develop a database manual which consists of guidelines including key troubleshooting approaches,catered to both technical and non-technical persons;
– to provide training to technical staff so that they are able to update and maintain the database on their own.
– Develop community database through an online platform.
– Prepare data and information following the template provided by STT.
– Produce progress reports with verbal presentations of as appropriate.
– Receive comments from STT’s Management.
– Prepare a final report on work undertaken and presentation to relevant staff and stakeholders.
– Provide training to STT’s technical staff on the whole process of community database building, maintenance and updates.
4. Expected Results and Deliverables
|1||Build Database||Create a central community database. Create data entry modules accessible only by STT staff. Create reporting and analysis modules. This will include graphs, maps, and other graphical analysis assets which can be downloaded by the public.|
|2||Develop a database manual||Draft a manual that identifies the technical methodology and system used to design the database, data input methods and tools, analytical formulas, visual display of data, and any other requirements identified. The document also serves as a guideline for administrators and users.|
|3||Training||Provide training to STT staff with
demonstration on the functionality of the database.
5.Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Community mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience (CMHRP) Manager, Program Manager, Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer, and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
|Mr. Lors Sren||CMHRP Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Em Khemara||Program Manageremail@example.com|
|Mrs. Net Chanthida||Senior Human Resource
and Admin Officer
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be three months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate.
8.Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, database management or web-design, or other relevant fields.
– At least 5 years of experience in building IT applications, experience in database management with front-end and back-end applications.
– Experience with HTML and Java-based languages.
– Skills in document design, database maintenance, and visual presentations.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email, firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc Mr. Em Khemara at email@example.com .
Before commencement of work, the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan, and budget to STT. The exact template for the database will be discussed during the interview phase.
Closing date: April 16, 2021 before 5pm.
You can download the PDF files here! English