- Introduction and Background
STT is a Cambodian Urban NGO working with vulnerable urban poor communities, in Phnom Penh and the provinces, who are affected by land and housing rights issues. STT is currently implementing four related projects: 1) Community Mapping, Housing Improvement, and Research Project; 2) Land and Housing Rights Project; 3) Community Empowerment Project, and 4) Community Media and ICT Project. Each year, to support the advocacy work of STT and other partner organizations, STT undertakes research into key issues affecting urban poor communities under the threat of eviction. STT also has a strong focus on strengthening the advocacy capacity of community activists and provides a number of social media, ICT, and land and housing rights trainings to urban and rural communities.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to develop the Rental Housing App for setting up an app capable of disseminating information about adequate housing for renters (human rights) in Phnom Penh, in order provide factory workers and the general public with a complete set of tools in accessible and engaging format, and easily downloadable for the general public. The idea of the App is to provide a comprehensive understanding of adequate housing standards for renters, in accordance with the Civil Code Book 5, Cambodian Contract Law and the Rental Rights Guidelines.
The maps can then be used by blue-collar workers (i.e. union members) in conjunction with other tools to locate safe rental housing. Maps will be utilized as supporting documentation in rental housing rights claims and will complement state land mapping to better inform local authorities and relevant ministries of rental properties.
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop the Rental Housing App to clearly identify safe rental housing around Phnom Penh.
- Expected Results and Deliverables
– Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget to STT.
– The Rental Housing App will be developed and incorporated into STT’s website.
– Progress reports with verbal presentations of progress as appropriate.
– A final report on the work undertaken and presentation to relevant staff and stakeholders.
– The organization of a training session for relevant staff on the whole process of development of the guideline.
- Methods and Activities
The consultant will provide STT with the following:
– Produce the rental housing app.
– Receive comments from STT’s relevant staff and apply these to the development process.
– Provide training to STT’s relevant staff on the whole process of the development of the App
– Prepare a final report.
- Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience Project (CMHRP) Manager, Administration and Human Resource Manager, and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts include :
- Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be three months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
- Consultancy Fee
This consultancy fee will be paid is a competitive rate.
- Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
– Minimum of Bachelor Degree in a relevant field.
– Five years’ experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Khmer language is an advantage
- How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email email@example.com
Closing date: August 10th, 2022 before 5pm.