1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build roofs, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing and raising awareness on the ID Poor program. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to produce advocacy videos which will be posted on social media to raise awareness on a variety of urban issues.
To produce two advocacy videos which will be posted on social media to raise awareness on a variety of urban issues. The videos will focus on raising awareness on the ID poor program; raising awareness on the lack of public documents in the urban poor communities in Phnom Penh, with the aim to highlight the importance of public documents as well as to promote the provision of public documents to urban poor communities.
3. Methods and Tools
– Consultant will produce two advocacy videos
– The concept of the video will either be provided by STT or proposed by the consultant
– Stories, photos, videos, images, audio, infographics and other materials related to the process of producing the video will be developed by the consultant
– The consultant must guarantee that the videos produced will not be copyrighted
– The full work plan and timeline will be developed by the consultant and approved by the STT team before commencement of work
– Travel to communities to collect media material
– Perform appropriate short interviews with partners, community members and other stakeholders (authorities Sangkat or Khan).
4. Expected Outcome and Deliverable
The consultant will submit to STT:
– Two advocacy videos of high quality and resolution.
– The duration of the videos will not exceed 5 minutes.
– Narration, translation and subtitles in English.
– Original photos, videos, images, audio, infographics which will be used in the videos.
5. Support team from STT
The consultant will work closely with Housing Rights and Research (HRRP) Project Manager, Community ICT and Media Project (ICT) Project Coordinator, Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
|1||Mr. Seang Muoylay||HRRP Manageremail@example.com|
|2||Mr. Lors Sren||CMHRP Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Mr. Seun Tepsovanrithy||CIMP Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|4||Ms. Net Chanthida||Senior Admin and HRfirstname.lastname@example.org|
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be two months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultancy fee is a maximum $ 2,200.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
– Experience in producing advocacy videos for NGOs, the private sector or the government;
– Exceptional photography and videography skills;
– Excellent photo and video editing skills;
– Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility;
– Highly effective team player;
– Good communication skills;
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant (s) will be contacted for discussions and interviews
Closing date: March 21, 2022 before 5pm.