- Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) a Cambodian land and housing right NGO and located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build rooves, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing and awareness contain accurate information on ID Poor program. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking for an external consultant to produce an advocacy video which will be used as good practice and raised awareness on urban related issues including land and housing rights.
To produce an advocacy video that features key successes and lessons learned related to land and housing rights.
- Methods and Tools
- Consultant will produce one advocacy video that documents about success and key lessons leaned
- The concept of the videos will either be provided by STT or proposed by the consultant
- Stories, photos, videos, images, audio, infographics, and other materials related to the process of producing the video will be developed by the consultant
- The consultant must guarantee that the videos produced will not be copyrighted
- The full work plan and timeline will be developed by the consultant and approved by the STT team before the commencement of work
- Travel to communities to collect media material
- Perform appropriate short interviews with partners, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Expected Outcome and Deliverable
- A final script of video before the commencement of work. The duration of the video will not exceed 10 minutes.
- Narration, translation, and subtitles in English.
- Original photos, videos, images, audio, and infographics which will be used in the video.
- One advocacy video of high quality and resolution.
- Support team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Housing Rights Project Managers, Program Manager, Admin and Human Resource Manager, relevant project managers, and other staff to facilitate this consultancy.
- Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible, and the duration of the contract will be one and a half months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
- Consultancy Fee
This consultancy fee is at a competitive rate.
- Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
- Experience in producing advocacy videos for NGOs, the private sector or the government;
- Exceptional photography and videography skills;
- Excellent photo and video editing skills;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility;
- Highly effective team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Khmer speaker is an advantage.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application including CV highlighting relevant experience, technical proposal, proposed budget, and sample work to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email, firstname.lastname@example.org cc Mr. Seang Muoylay at email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicant (s) will be contacted for discussions and interviews.
The applicants will not be considered after 5pm on January 10th, 2024.