- Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut Organization (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities to build roofs and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities, but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land. Furthermore, STT also helps urban communities gain awareness of the ID Poor Program. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached more than 270,000 people so far. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, academics, as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking to hire a consultant, (a music artist or a team of music artists,) to write and produce two songs of those songs about social injustice in Cambodia related to urban development– to shine more light on issues such as housing rights, the environment, eviction and foreign-funded development projects, which are causing the relocation of many poor families and communities.
The purpose of this project is to produce two songs that would encourage young people to engage more with the development of their city. Two songs will be used for advocacy purposes to encourage young people to engage with issues relevant to them and their future.
- Methods and Tools
- Consultant will produce two songs
- The concept of the song will either be provided by STT or proposed by the consultant/ artist(s)
- The consultant(s) must guarantee that the song produced will not be copyrighted
- The full work plan and timeline will be developed by the consultant(s) and approved by the STT team before the commencement of work
- Short interviews with partners, community members, and other stakeholders may be needed to develop the song’s concepts and its lyrics
- Expected Outcome and Deliverable
The consultant will submit to STT:
- The duration of the song will not exceed 5 minutes.
- Original Photos, Two songs script, Footage, and the audio of this songs.
- Support team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Rights to the City Program Manager (RCPM), Research and Documentary Project Manager (RDPM), Administration and Human Resource Manager (AHRM), and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
|Mr. Seang Muoylay
|Rights to the City Program Manager
|Mr. Suos Sopheap
|Administration and Human Resource Manager
|Mrs. Korm Chanraksmey
|Research and Documentary Project Manager
- Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible, and the duration of the contract will be 2 months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
- Consultancy Fee
The consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate with a maximum of 2,500.00 US Dollars.
- Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
- Experience in producing music, and an interest in political matters;
- Good photography and videography skills;
- Excellent photo and video editing skills;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility;
- Highly effective team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Khmer speaker is an advantage.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application including: CV highlighting relevant experience, a budget and sample work to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email email@example.com. Note: Only shortlisted applicant (s) will be contacted for discussions and interviews.
Closing date: 8 September 2023
PDF File: Download