Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Board of Director (3 Positions)
STT is governed by a Board of Directors. The current board members meet every quarter to discuss and approve strategic issues and policies. To ensure both continuity and the opportunity for constant renewal within the Board, STT is seeking 3 new board members to replace members whose terms have expired.
Work as a team with other board members to ensure that the aims and objectives of the organization are being implemented. These functions include: managing the Executive Director; approving the strategic and annual operation plans of STT; adopting and overseeing the policies and procedures of the organization; oversight of financial aspects; monitoring the operation of STT in relation to the vision, mission, objectives and policies of the organization etc.
The Board members must be honest and of good repute possessing a broad range of skills and experience appropriate to the governing of the organization such as: experience in urban issues, development, land and housing rights; working with marginalized communities; experience in resource mobilization/fundraising and organizational development; background/experience in architecture, designing and/or engineering; knowledge and experience in IT Communication; background/knowledge of law, political science and human rights etc.
It is an unpaid position. We are looking for those who would like to make a contribution to NGO governance on a voluntary basis. Non-financial benefits include networking and learning opportunity for being part of a professional NGO governance body.
ICT Project Manager
Unit : Advocacy Program
Reporting to : Advocacy Program Manager
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time
Gross Salary : $550-$600
Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
1. ICT Project: lead planning and implementation of projects, including reporting and budgeting. Responsibilities with regards to specific activities include:
- Urban Voice: lead implementation of the Urban Voice project including site management and content development, data collection and entering, outreach to user groups, development of campaigns, and administration of the site.
- Social media/Online activism: contribute to the development of and lead the implementation of STT’s social media strategy, including maintenance and development of STT’s online identities and ensuring their visibility.
- Leading to conduct ICT training workshop to community activist.
- Be responsible in analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet community target group.
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies and plans
- Day to day supervising ICT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annually report for program manager
- Monitoring and evaluation of the day to day activity implement by staff under its supervision
- Manage project budget and resource allocation in line with program manager
- Contribute to performance assessment of project staff
2. Project Innovation: To keep abreast of developments in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities. In particular to focus on communities facing eviction, and options for non-violent action and resistance at both local and international level.
3. Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities of other staff of STT during work when there is an overload of duties, or fill in when an individual is away from the work station.
4. Perform other tasks as assigned by advocacy program manager.
Skills and Qualification:
The post holder is expected to have:
- Good communication skills with a range of stakeholders including communities, representatives of other NGOs and colleagues in both Khmer and English.
- High computer literacy and ability to utilize various media to enable the voices of people living in poverty be heard.
- Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
- The ability to work well in a team and to lead the team in producing high quality outputs for a range of audiences.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
- Proven experience in ICT project management/ supervision.
- Proven organization skills and ability to manage competing time demands for multiple activities within given timeframes.
- A creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving which is outcomes driven rather than process orientated.
- Energy and enthusiasm with a strong stakeholder focus.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate specific issues where there are competing agendas and priorities.
Reporting to : Manager
Number of Hire : 08 post
Schedule : Monday-Friday
Project Period : 6 months
Allowance : USD 80 per month
- Is studying in year 3 or 4 in the field of Management, Finance/Accounting, Land Administration, Architecture/Urban Planning, Environment, Media/ICT, IT/Computer Science, Research and other related fields.
- Willing to learn and commit to work full/part time
- Can use computer application relevant to the study fields
- Understanding of English communication
- Can travel to target communities (as required)
- Be honest, Loyalty, Friendly and hard working
How To Apply: Sahmakum Teang Tnaut is open for all candidates to apply, especially Female and Disable candidates. Interested and qualified candidates may submit your application to email@example.com by indicating clearly the job tittle or using the contact detail below by June 04, 2018.
Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.teangtnaut.org
Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deurm Thkov, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh