1. Introduction and Background
STT is a Cambodian Urban NGO working with vulnerable urban poor communities, in Phnom Penh and the provinces, who are affected by land and housing rights issues. STT is implementing four related projects: 1) Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Research Project; 2) Land and Housing Rights Project; 3) Community Empowerment Project; and 4) Community Media and ICT Project. Each year to support the advocacy work of STT and other partner organisations, STT undertakes research into key issues affecting urban poor communities under threat of eviction. STT also has a strong focus on strengthening the advocacy capacity of community activists and providing a number of social media, ICT and land and housing rights trainings to urban and rural communities.
STT will ensure that all relevant information relating to training activities will be engaged in order to continue to advocate for communities’ land and housing rights.
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop training manual for facilitators/trainers and training booklets for the communities.
3. Expected Results and Deliverables
- Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget, to STT
- One Training Manual and one Community Booklet will be developed. This will provide a manual for all the instructions and technical materials needed to conduct a training course for trainers (ToT). Each manual will have a companion publication, Training Booklet, which will contain key messages, short guides, and other tools to be disseminated to communities.
- Reports of the progress of the consultancy with verbal presentation of progress as appropriate.
- A final report on work undertaken and presentation to relevant staff and stakeholders.
4. Methods and Activities
The consultant will provide STT with the following:
- Develop organizational training manual and community booklet.
- Provide training to specific staff members on how to use the manuals.
- Receive comments from STT Management.
- Submit a final report on the work undertaken.
The manual will cover on Advocacy Strategy for Land and Housing Rights
5. Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with Program Manager, Program Advisor, Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
|Mr. Em Khemara
|089 666 031
|Ms. Athina Wilson
|096 828 0215
|Mrs. Net Chanthida
|Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer
|092 781 442
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be three months from the start date.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultancy will be paid at a competitive rate.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of Land Rights, Social Media and ICT Skills.
- Experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
- Five years experience in teaching/facilitating skills
- Highly effective team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email, email@example.com and cc Mr. Em Khemara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 10, 2020 before 5pm.
You can download the PDF files here! English