April 24, 2019
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization that was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT originally focused on infrastructure upgrading, but over time, many communities have been evicted for the purposes of development. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org for more information.
To support the growth of our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidate to join our dynamic team for the following position:
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Executive Director
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time
Gross Salary : N/A
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
- Strategic Planning:
- To work with the Executive Director, Programme Manager and the Management Committee (MC) to ensure program and operations are aligned with and representative of the vision and direction of STT.
- To support and work with MC colleagues in ensuring that STT operates efficiently and effectively, with clear goals, policies and a productive working atmosphere.
- Non-voting advisor to the Management Committee (MC):
- Without having the right to vote on decisions by the MC, the advisor attends MC meetings and provides inputs and suggestions on the development and direction of programme management and organisational management.
- The advisor also assists the ED in preparing reports to the Board of Directors; and planning the objective and agenda of the annual staff retreat; and planning and preparation of STT’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Media and Communications:
- Act as liaison between STT and members of the foreign-language media. Develop relationships with members of the media to ensure coverage of key events and issues. Provide information/interviews to print, radio and visual media both on the record and off the record, as required and assist other staff in developing appropriate responses to media inquiries.
- Proposal Writing & Reporting to Donors:
- Compile funding applications in close collaboration with Program Managers, work with the Finance Manager to develop proposal budgets and submit to the ED.
- Support and collaborate with the ED and Program Managers to manage donor and partner relations (such as through meetings; preparing reports and policy briefs; organise or coordinate community and site visits for donors and partners; email communication on matters pertaining to grants, reports and programme implementation).
- Compile all reports from Program Manager and submit them to the ED, and assist the ED in finalizing reports to donors.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation process led by the Program Managers.
- Support Research
- In cooperation with senior management, the Advisor supports the research team to prepare research papers and advocacy materials and improve overall research and advocacy strategies for the organization.
- Project Support:
- Provide strategic advice and support to teams of the Technical and Advocacy Programs during the planning and implementation stages of different projects.
- Support Project Managers with recruiting, monitor and engaging consultants for project implementation.
- Capacity development:
- Identify potential external training for Program Manager, ED and staff, and provide mentoring support in implementing training material.
- Work with the MC to monitor, manage and update STT’s annual Staff Capacity Development Plan.
- Other duties: May be required to work on other projects with STT as agreed within the MC or as directed by the ED, which might include preparing reports to specific donors, performing administrative duties and participating in meetings as needed, assisting the ED in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving program activities, and provide writing, editing and strategy assistance, as needed, for technical, advocacy and communication matters
Skills and Qualification
The post holder is expected to have
- A masters level degree in development, communications, law or a related field
- At least 3 years experience working in land or housing rights, proposal development and funding management.
- Good communication skills in English (competency in Khmer is an advantage)
- High computer literacy and ability to utilize various media to enable the voices of people living in poverty be heard.
- Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
- The ability to work well in a team and to lead the team in producing high quality outputs for a range of audiences.
- An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates may submit your application to email@example.com by indicating clearly the job tittle by April 30, 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview. This position is for native English speakers only.
Interview Date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis and STT will no wait for all application to be submitted before contacting qualified applicants.