Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international Medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org.
To support our projects, STT is looking for a qualified two project interns to join our dynamic team as following:
Project Internship with Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience Project
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience Project Manager
Hiring : 2 Positions
Starting Date : March 2021
Schedule : Full Time/Part-time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : USD 100
– To assist Project Officer to design and complete monitoring and evaluation of STT target communities and assisting collaboration with communities.
– Do field and desk work for data collection and support to analysis of the collected data.
– Attend the training on how to utilize materials for gathering the data
– Go to the designated field works for data enumeration
– Prepare questionnaire and entry data into the designed system
– To assist additional tasks as required by the Project Manager.
– Assist to prepare relevant documentaries for any training, meeting, site visit, and material distribution to the target community.
– At least a university student or a recent graduate in Law, Social & Environmental Science or a related field.
– Ability to use a computer with application relevant to the study fields
– Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Khmer
– Willing to learn and commit to work full time and can travel to target communities (as required)
– Be honest, loyalty, friendly and hardworking
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) via e-mail to email@example.com or to STT’s address provided below by March 19, 2021. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.