Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org.
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
*Community ICT and Media Project Officer
Unit : Programme Staff
Reporting to : Community ICT and Media Project Coordinator
Hiring : 1 Position
Starting Date : 15 October 2022
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : Will be negotiated
– ICT and Media Project Management: Support the project coordinator in all aspects of project management, including planning, reporting and budgeting. Responsibilities with regards to specific activities include:
– Develop and conduct training sessions on ICT and social media uses for advocacy that is highly participatory and has practical outcomes. The training sessions can be done within the project and other possible related projects of STT.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of training and modify materials as appropriate
– Working with the ICT team to create learning plans.
– Encourage learning at all levels from very basic technology skills to learning for advocacy and sharing their voice by using technology. It also includes learning for enjoyment and for building better citizens and communities.
– Liaise with other project staff (Community team, ICT and Media team and others) and other stakeholders to gather information about the urban issues and to promote the social media platforms
– Produce videos and write blog posts to support online campaigns, workshops, task force activities, radio talk shows, and related activities.
– Media monitoring: Daily monitoring of local and international media about urban issues and urban development.
– Online activism: Maintain, update and ensure appropriate linkages to, and visibility on social media.
– Support STT:
– Closely work with the project team to monitor and check all STT blogs, making sure that they are up to date and the contents and images are appropriately posted.
– Assist other projects in taking photos and videos in workshops or events as assigned by the project coordinator.
– Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities with other staff of STT during work when there is an overload of duties or filling in when an individual is away from the workstation.
Project Innovation: Keep abreast of developments in project fields and maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities. In particular, it focuses on communities facing eviction, and options for non-violent action and resistance at both local and international levels.
Skills and Knowledge:
The post holder is expected to have:
– Degree in ICT, Computer Science, or other related fields
– At least 1-year experience in media and communication and community training related to technologies, or social media
– Good communication skills in Khmer and English
– High computer literacy and ability to utilize various media to enable the voices of people living in poverty to be heard.
– Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
– The ability to work well in a team and produce high-quality outputs for a range of audiences.
– An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to STT office: #07, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or via e-mail to email@example.com, no later than October 10, 2022 before 5:00 PM. Applications must be stated “Application for Finance Officer” in the Subject Line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date: October 10th, 2022, before 5 pm.