Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org.
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Community Training Officer
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Housing Rights Research Project Manager
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time
Gross Salary : Negotiable
1. Project Management: Assist the Project Manager in project management in terms of project planning, organizing, leading, monitoring and evaluation.
2. Project Implementation: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, undertake specific activities including:
– Community monitoring: To monitor target communities’ events and other cases of land conflict.
– Community Profiling: To write and produce a profile of the community and another report on the land conflict.
– Community Mapping: To assist participatory mapping activities and help to produce hand-drawn and digital maps and other information working alongside the other team and communities.
– Community Survey: To participate in designing and completing surveys of target communities working with STT staff and assist collaboration with communities and local authorities.
– Legal Analysis: To collect and analyze data collected through surveys, interviews, and other means and support to write legal advice sheet with exiting template.
– Workshop, Training, Meeting, Exhibition: To involve, assist, and organizes any pieces of training, meetings, and workshops in relation to project implementation under the instruction of the Project Manager.
3. Project Innovation: To keep abreast of technical development in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities.
4. Other Project and Tasks: To assist other project tasks and other additional tasks as required by other Managers and/or Management Committee.
The post holder is expected to have:
– At least one year of work experience relating to urban developments, land law, community training, social works, environmental science, or other related fields.
– Ability to use computer Ms. Office.
– Ability to speak, write and understand English
– Commitment to work full time and travel to target communities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating clearly the job tittle Only shortlisted candidate (s) will be contacted for discussion and interviews.
Closing Date: May 20, 2022 before 5pm.