Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org.
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Unit : Rights to the City Program
Reporting to : Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience Project Manager
Hiring : 1 Position
Starting Date : 15 August 2022
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : Will be negotiated
- Project Management: Assist the Project Manager in project management in terms of project planning, organizing, leading, monitoring and evaluation.
- Project Implementation: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, undertake specific activities including:
– Community mapping: Conduct participatory mapping activities and the production of hand-drawing and digital maps and other information working alongside the other teams and target communities.
– Community Survey: Design and complete survey and mapping of target communities working with STT staff and taking part in collaboration with communities.
– Data Analysis: Analyze data and support in the production of relevant statistics and other data summaries, including final project documentation.
– Community Mapping and Enumeration and Climate Smart Design Training: Conduct community mapping and enumeration and climate-smart design training to target communities under supervision from Project Manager.
- Project Innovation: Keep abreast of technical development in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities.
- Other Project and Tasks: Assist other project tasks and other additional tasks as required by other Managers and/or Management Committee.
Experience and Qualifications:
– At least one year of work experience relating to urban development, land law, community training, social works, environmental science, or other related fields.
– Ability to use computer Ms. Office.
– Ability to speak, write and understand English
– Commitment to working full time and travel to target communities.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to STT’s address provided below by August 8, 2022. Applications that do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Contact No. : 023 555 1964
Website : www.teangtnaut.org
Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deurm Thkov, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh