Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international Media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to fill the roles of Program Advisor.
Unit : Program
Reporting to : Executive Director
Hiring : 1 Position
Starting Date : as soon as possible
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : Negotiable
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Strategic Planning:
– To work with the Executive Director, Programme Manager and MC to ensure programs and operations are aligned and representative of the vision and direction of STT.
– To support and work with MC colleagues in ensuring that STT operates efficiently and effectively, with clear goals, policies and a productive working atmosphere.
- Non-voting advisor to the Management Committee (MC):
– Without having the right to vote on decisions by the MC, the advisor attends MC meetings and provides inputs and suggestions on the development and direction of program management and organizational management.
– The advisor also assists the ED in preparing reports to the Board of Directors, and planning the objective and agenda of the annual staff retreat; and planning and preparation of STT’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Proposal Writing & Reporting to Donors:
– Compile funding applications in close collaboration with Program Managers, work with the Finance Manager to develop proposal budgets and submit to the ED.
– Support and collaborate with the ED and Program Managers to manage donor and partner relations (such as through meetings; preparing reports and policy briefs; organize or coordinate community and site visits for donors and partners; email communication on matters pertaining to grants, reports and program implementation).
– Compile all reports from Program Managers and submit them to the ED, and assist the ED in finalizing reports to donors.
– Support the monitoring and evaluation process led by the Program Managers.
- Support Research
– In cooperation with senior management, the Advisor will support the research team and the Advocacy and Research Advisor to prepare research papers and advocacy materials and improve overall research and advocacy strategies for the organization.
- Project Support:
– Provide strategic advice and support to teams of the Program during the planning and implementation stages of different projects.
– Support Project Managers with recruiting, monitor and engaging consultants for project implementation.
- Capacity development:
– Identify potential external training for Program Managers, ED and staff, and provide mentoring support in implementing training material.
– Work with the MC to monitor, manage and update STT’s annual Staff Capacity Development Plan.
- Other duties: May be required to work on other projects with STT as agreed within the MC or as directed by the ED, which might include preparing reports to specific donors, performing administrative duties and participating in meetings as needed, assisting the ED in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving program activities, and provide writing, editing and strategy assistance, as needed, for technical, advocacy and communication matters
– Minimum of Bachelor Degree in a relevant field;
– Minimum 4 years of experience in research;
– Proven ability to engage with a broad variety of stakeholders and in coalition with others; openness and curiosity about new approaches and different points of view;
– Experience working in an NGO setting;
– Solid understanding of the Cambodian country context, urban issues and land & housing rights;
– Knowledge and experience of land and housing rights, evidence-based advocacy in urban settings;
– Experience in conducting risk assessments;
– Competence in sample survey techniques;
– Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
– Experience working with media and communications;
– Good people and communication skills;
– Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with excellent demonstrated teamwork, coordination, and facilitation skills;
– Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver quality products in high-stress and short deadline situations.
– Strong leadership and planning skills;
– Excellent writing and presentation skills (English);
– Strong communication skills;
– Ability to work in a team environment and to deliver under pressure/meet deadlines;
– Ability to work in strenuous and at times stressful environments and to think critically to mitigate risks
– Ability to network with partners on various levels;
– Comfortable with the necessary computer skills i.e. MS Word (personal laptop will be necessary for this mission);
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications together with curriculum vitae and relevant supporting documents to STT’s recruitment committee through email: email@example.com.
Closing date: 30th November 2021, at 5 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Women and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
You can download the PDF files here! English