Phnom Penh based Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a Cambodian Urban NGO set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the Ministry of Interior in December 2006.STT focuses on infrastructure upgrading, however, over the past decade many communities have been impacted by development- related land alienation and evictions. Due to this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to over 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs.
STT is currently looking to recruit a research consultant (trainer) for a specific term contract, to be responsible for producing a qualified research result.
Research Consultant (Trainer)
- Reporting to : Program Manager
- Hire : 1 Position
- Schedule : March 2017
Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
Review and develop tools that STT uses for collecting, storing, and analyzing data:
- Data collecting (questionnaire, checklist, desk review, Open Data Kit [ODK]);
- Data storing (Excel spread sheet, SPSS data file, and database);
- Analyzing data (Descriptive and statistical analysis; and data note, quotation, and cross tab analysis).
Provide training and/or coaching to STT’s staff on Research Methodologies
- Training and/or coaching on desk review and developing questionnaires and checklists;
- Coaching on data collection, review, analysis and organising.
Data analysis and Data presentation
- Instruction and coaching on advanced data analysis and data presentation (analysis with systematic and scientific approach).
Report writing for publications and communication with planners and policy makers
- Training and/or coaching on report writing to present research findings for academic purposes;
- Training, and coaching on the communication of research findings with planners and policy makers ( i.e., fact sheets and policy briefs)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of social research methodologies;
- Thorough knowledge of using Excel and SPSS for data analysis;
- Experience in conducting training on social research methodologies;
- Experience providing organizational consultancy services on social research methodologies;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Fluent in Khmer and professional knowledge in English (preferred).
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) via e-mail to email@example.com or to STT’s address provided below by March 07, 2017. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
- Contact No. : 023 555 1964
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : www.teangtnaut.org
- Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Daeum Thkov, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh
Please find the ToR here.