Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international Media, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org
To support our projects, STT is looking for a qualified Research Officer to join our dynamic team as following:
Unit : Housing Rights and Research Team
Reporting to : Housing Rights and Research Project Manager
Hiring : 1 Position
Starting Date : 20 September 2021
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : USD 365 – USD 440
- Research: Under the supervision of the Project Manager undertake specific activities as follows:
– Community Surveys: To participate designing and complete surveys of target communities working with STT staff and assisting collaboration with communities.
– Beneficiary interviews: To prepare questionnaires and conduct interviews with project stakeholders.
– Data analysis: To collate and support the analysis of data collected through surveys, interviews and other means
– Report writing: To write comprehensive research reports on a number of topics related to urban issues.
- Project Innovation: To keep abreast of technical developments in project fields and to maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities.
- Other Projects and Tasks: To assist other project staff and other additional tasks as required by the other Managers and or Management Committee
Experience and Qualifications:
– At least one-year work experience relating to research, urban developments, social works, environmental science, or other related fields.
– Ability to use computer Ms. Office.
– Ability to speak, write and understand English
– Commitment to work full time and travel to target communities.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume (CV) via e-mail to email@example.com or to STT’s address provided below by September 10, 2021. Applications which do not indicate the position being applied for will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Name : Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT)
Contact No. : 023 555 1964
Website : www.teangtnaut.org
Address : #7, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deurm Thkov, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh