Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is a non-governmental organization, non-profitable, was set up in September 2005 and officially registered with the ministry of interior in December 2006. STT tries to reflect in its work with urban communities. From the outset, STT has had a focus on infrastructure upgrading, but over the past decade, many communities have been impacted by development relating to land alienation and evictions. Because of this, STT has strengthened its research and advocacy to draw attention to a development policy that in Phnom Penh alone has led to 270,000 residents being displaced since 1990. By supporting genuine community complaints and grievances, STT and its partners have been helping communities articulate their concerns to local and international medias, donors and other NGOs and INGOs. Visit us at www.teangtnaut.org.
To support our projects, STT is looking for qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
Unit : Finance
Reporting to : Finance Manager
Hire : 1 Position
Schedule : Full Time (Monday to Friday)
Gross Salary : Negotiate
Main responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
– Collaborate with STT finance and project staff to ensure the accurate and timely preparation/ submission of financial reports
– Ensure completed and up to dated files are maintained for all donors funded projects containing all required contractual and ongoing documentation, supporting transparency and accountability
– Co-ordinate and maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of each projects within the approved budgets
– Undertake weekly and monthly cash counts
– Maintain all financial documents to make sure that those are in order files
– Prepare vouchers (necessary forms) for all projects and ensure that the properly supporting documents are available, the expenses are properly incurred, the calculation is mathematically correct, the amount claimed are in agreement with the document authorizing the claim, and make sure that all claims have appropriate supporting documentation and not represent a duplicated claim from staff
– Record all the transactions into QuickBooks Accounting System
– Ensure that all expenditures are allocated to correct projects/ charge codes with reasonable, allocable, and allowable
– Follow up on outstanding advances and make sure that all advances are settled on time
– Prepare bank reconciliation for each bank account for STT and follow up on outstanding cheques
– Assist in preparing of some project financial reports for donors and submission to FM for reviewing
– Ensure the preparation of monthly project accounting reports at the end of each month, and submission to the FM for reviewing by the 15th of the following month
– Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual projects against the approved budget, and provide timely advice of likely over or under-spends to the FM, and the relevant program/project staff (PMs, and POs)
– Support the preparation and implementation of any audit undertaken.
Key knowledge, Skill and Experiences
The post holder is expected to have:
– Bachelor degree in the field of Accounting or Finance
– Experiences in working with NGOs/ OIs
– Experience with QuickBooks, Computer proficiency- Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Good in using English and Khmer, both oral and written
– Strong communication and interpersonal skill ethical and trustworthy
– The ability to work well in a team, relevant staff, donors and other stake holders.
*Community ICT and Media Project Officer
Unit : Programme Staff
Reporting to : Community ICT and Media Project Coordinator
Hiring : 1 Position
Starting Date : 1 October 2022
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Gross Salary : Will be negotiated
– ICT and Media Project Management: Support the project coordinator in all aspects of project management, including planning, reporting and budgeting. Responsibilities with regards to specific activities include:
– Develop and conduct training sessions on ICT and social media uses for advocacy that are highly participatory and have practical outcomes. The training sessions can be done within the project and other possible related projects of STT.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of training and modify materials as appropriate
– Working with ICT team to create learning plans.
– Encourage learning at all levels from very basic technology skills to learning for advocacy and share their voice by using technology. It also includes learning for enjoyment and for building better citizens and communities.
– Liaise with other project staff (Community team, ICT and Media team and and others) and other stakeholders to gather information about the urban issues and to promote the social media platforms
– Produce videos and write blog posts to support online campaigns, workshops, task force activities, radio talk shows, and related activities.
– Media monitoring: Daily monitoring of local and international media about urban issues and urban development.
– Online activism: Maintain, update and ensure appropriate linkages to, and visibility on social media.
– Support STT:
– Closely work with project team to monitor and check all STT blogs, making sure that they are up to date and the contents and images are appropriately posted.
– Assist other projects in taking photos and videos in workshops or events as assigned by the project coordinator.
– Promotes the overall effectiveness of the organization by performing tasks and sharing responsibilities of other staff of STT during work when there is an overload of duties or fill in when an individual is away from the workstation.
Project Innovation: Keep abreast of developments in project fields and maintain an overview of the social and political climates affecting contact communities. In particular, it focuses on communities facing eviction, and options for non-violent action and resistance at both local and international level.
Skills and Knowledge:
The post holder is expected to have:
– Degree in ICT, Computer Science, or other related fields
– At least 1-year experiences in media and communication and community training related to technologies, or social media
– Good communication skills in Khmer and English
– High computer literacy and ability to utilize various media to enable the voices of people living in poverty be heard.
– Networking skills to enable STT to be widely known across communities under threat of eviction in Phnom Penh as well as with NGOs working with these communities.
– The ability to work well in a team and producing high quality outputs for a range of audiences.
– An enthusiastic attitude towards the work and a willingness to be involved in organizational activities.
*Community ICT and Media ICT intern
Job Title : Community ICT and Media ICT Intern
Reporting to : Project Coordinator
Schedule : Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Project Period : 3-6 months
Allowance : USD 150 per month
– Assist the Community Media and ICT team in organizing community training sessions, community meetings, livestream and other related project activities which are assigned by the Project Coordinator.
– Assist technical team to monitoring networks and digital devices.
– Assist the IT team with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
– Perform other tasks assigned by the Project Coordinator.
– University student or a recent graduate in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology or other related fields,
– Willing to learn and get experience during internship,
– Demonstrate a high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness,
– Ability to use a computer with applications relevant to the study fields,
– Understand English for communication,
– Willing to learn and commit to work full time and can travel to target communities (as required)
– Be honest, loyalty, friendly, and hard working
What support will STT provide?
- A monthly allowance will be provided.
- Training support – relevant to ICT and Media operation
- Work experience within an office and urban poor communities
- Interns can apply what they have learned to specific projects
- The development of ideas through learning by doing
Duration: 3 months
Monthly allowance: USD 150.00/month
Deadline: September 15th, 2022
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to STT office: #07, Street 494, Sangkat Phsar Deum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than September 15, 2022 before 5:00 PM. Applications must be stated “Application for Finance Officer” in the Subject Line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing date: September 15th, 2022, before 5pm.