1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut Organization (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities to build roofs, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land. Furthermore, STT also helps urban communities gain awareness of the ID Poor Program. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to take urban poor communities and photos of lakes, for a photo exhibition which will be displayed in person and on social media to raise awareness and attract attention from the general public about communities’ living conditions and challenges.
To take 40 photos of urban poor communities and lakes which will be publicly exhibited, and shared on social media, to raise awareness, and to direct the public’s attention towards communities’ living conditions and challenges.
3. Methods and Tools
– The consultant will take 40 photos, which relate to the urban poor communities and lakes in or near Phnom Penh that are targeted by STT.
– The consultant must have suitable photography equipment
– The consultant must guarantee that the photos will not be copyrighted
– The full work plan and timeline will be developed by the consultant and approved by the STT team.
– The consultant will receive comments from STT’s relevant staff in order to assure the collected photos are acceptable and in line with the project’s intentions.
– STT will cover the transportation cost for the consultant, traveling to communities and lake areas to collect the photos.
– The photos must adhere to children rights, and privacy norms
4. Expected Outcome and Deliverable
– Before commencement of work, the consultant is required to submit a final proposal which would include methodology, strategy, work plan, and budget to STT.
– 40 original and high-quality photos (which can be printed on A1 size) which relate to urban poor and lakes. The theme is “Urban Poor Communities and Inequality, in the face of City Development”. In addition, the photos can include the following aspects and themes:
+ Covid-19 pandemic and urban poor communities
+ Forced evictions
+ Infilling of the Lakes
+ Housing Rights and Challenges
+ Relocation sites
– After all the photos have been handed over to STT, they will become ownership of STT
5. Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the community Housing Rights and Research (HRRP) Project Manager and Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
|1||Mr. Seang Muoylay||HRRP Manageremail@example.com|
|2||Ms. Net Chanthida||Senior Admin and HRfirstname.lastname@example.org|
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be 15 days from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
7. Consultancy Fee
The consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
– Experience in photography or in a relevant field
– Good communication skills
– Has their own materials for producing the needed photos
– Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and demonstrates zero tolerance for sexual harassment
– Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9.How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application including: CV highlighting relevant experience, a budget and sample work to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email email@example.com. Note: Only shortlisted applicant (s) will be contacted for discussions and interviews.
Closing date: February 25, 2022 before 5pm.