1. Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut (STT) is located in Phnom Penh. STT was founded in 2005 and officially registered in 2006 as a local NGO supporting urban poor communities. “Teang Tnaut” means “Palm Leaves” and palm leaves are used by poor communities, to build rooves, and walls for their houses. This simplistic name was chosen to forever remind STT that its work serves the poorest members of society. STT started as a small NGO that focused on technical upgrades in poor communities but over the past decade, many communities have been affected by development, land transfers, and evictions. As a result, STT has since grown to produce community maps, research and advocacy in order to achieve its goal of helping poor communities realize their rights to land and housing. STT’s efforts in Phnom Penh alone have reached 270,000 people. STT and its partners have helped communities express their concerns to national and international media, donors as well as national and international NGOs.
The purpose of the consultancy is to create an Occupational Health and Safety Policy for STT. The occupational safety and health policy will define the goals for the occupational health and safety work in the workplace and for activities that promote the working capacity of STT staff. The policy will also describes occupational health and safety responsibilities and the way of organizing the cooperation measures.
3.Expected Results and Deliverables
– Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget, to STT.
– One Occupational Health and Safety Policy will be developed as well as a summary factsheet which will contain key messages to be disseminated to all staff.
– Reports of the progress of the consultancy with verbal presentation of progress as appropriate.
– An Occupational Health and Safety training session to all STT staff which will highlight the purpose of the policy and key health and safety considerations for the workplace .
4. Methods and Activities
The consultant will provide STT with the following:
– Develop Organizational Health and Safety Policy.
– Provide training to all STT staff members.
– Receive comments from STT Management.
– Submit the final policy and a summary factsheet.
Topics the Occupational Health and Safety Policy is expected to cover include:
– Fire Safety
– Natural Disasters
– Physical Hazards
– Biological Hazards
– Psychosocial Hazards
– Construction Site Safety
– Emergency Procedures and Response
– Key Contacts i.e. Fire Department, Ambulance, Hospital, Police
5. Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with Program Manager Program Advisor and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts are as follows:
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be two months from the start date.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultancy will be paid at a competitive rate.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
– Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience of capacity building and training.
– Experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Khmer speaker is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources: email@example.com.
If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: October 15, 2021 before 5:00pm.
You can download the PDF files here! English