- Introduction and Background
Sahmakum Teang Tnaut is an urban and housing rights NGO that was founded in 2006, and whose work focuses on Phnom Penh’s urban poor communities. STT aims to support the urban poor through land law trainings, advocacy, and research. The research team produces many reports every year, that are used as advocacy material, but also used by other NGOs, academics, and government stakeholders. In light of this, STT is looking to hire an external graphic designer to design report templates and produced report template guidelines for STT in 2023.
The purpose of this consultancy is to two reports design, design report templates, and produce a guideline for STT’s report layout. The guideline will serve as the foundation for designing STT’s future reports. The guideline will contain design templates to be followed when STT publishes reports, such as color codes, correct logos, different types of fonts, and other design and aesthetic elements.
- Methods and Activities
- Conduct a needs assessment: The consultant should begin by conducting a needs assessment to determine the specific requirements of STT’s research team. This could involve interviewing team members, reviewing existing reports, and identifying any gaps or areas for improvement.
- Develop a report framework: Based on the needs assessment, the consultant should develop a framework for creating reports that meets STT’s requirements. This could include guidelines for structuring reports, formatting recommendations, and best practices for presenting data.
- Create report templates: To ensure consistency across all reports, the consultant should create templates that can be used by STT’s research team. These templates should include sections for executive summaries, methodology, results, and conclusions.
- Provide training: Once the guideline is complete, the consultant should provide training to STT’s research team on how to use it effectively. This could involve workshops or one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Review and revise: The consultant should review and revise the guideline as needed based on feedback from STT’s research team. This will ensure that it remains relevant and useful over time.
- Finalize the guideline: Once all revisions have been made, the consultant should finalize the manual and deliver it to STT’s research team in a format that is easy to use and understand.
- Expected Outcomes and Deliverables
- Before commencement of work, the consultant is required to submit a short proposal outlining previous work, and a brief outline of methodology.
- If selected, the consultant will provide a proposed methodology, a clear work plan, a timeframe, and a budget to STT.
- Create a guideline for STT report design.
- Create three templates: facts and figures report, young researcher report, and one for annual reports.
- Design/layout two reports: one based on the young researcher report template and one based on the facts and figures template.
- Present and train STT’s staff on how to use and update the report templates.
- Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Research Team, and program managers. Key contacts are as follows:
|Mrs. Korm Chanraksmey
|Research and Documentation Project Manager
|Mr. Seang Muoylay
|Rights to the City Program Manager
|Mrs. Park Sotheary
- Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be starting from 01 September until 30 September 2023. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
- Consultancy Fee
The consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate of 1,600 USD.
- Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive knowledge and concrete professional experience in designing research report
- Knowledge of design software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of typography and layout design.
- Ability to create visually appealing designs.
- Ability to work with different types of software.
- Ability to create templates that are compatible with different systems.
- Three or more years of experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above/ and or in graphic design.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and flexibility
- Being a Khmer speaker is a necessity.
- How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application including: CV highlighting relevant experience, a budget or quotation as annex 01 and sample work to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Only shortlisted applicant (s) will be contacted for discussions and interviews.
Closing date: 15 Aug, 2023
You can download the TOR here! English