1. Introduction and Background
STT is a Cambodian Urban NGO working with vulnerable urban poor communities, in Phnom Penh and the provinces, who are affected by land and housing rights issues. STT is implementing four related projects: 1) Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Research Project; 2) Land and Housing Rights Project; 3) Community Empowerment Project; and 4) Community Media and ICT Project. Each year to support the advocacy work of STT and other partner organisations, STT undertakes research into key issues affecting urban poor communities under threat of eviction. STT also has a strong focus on strengthening the advocacy capacity of community activists and provides a number of social media, ICT and land and housing rights trainings to urban and rural communities.
STT is looking to hire an external consultant to develop the Rental Rights Guideline for Phnom Penh, in order to create a Guideline that is engaging, accessible, and downloadable for the general public. The idea of the Guideline is to provide a comprehensive understanding of adequate housing standards for renters, in accordance with the Civil Code Book 5, Cambodian Contract Law and Rental Rights.
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop the Rental Rights Guideline to clearly identify safe rental housing around Phnom Penh.
3. Expected Results and Deliverables
– Before commencement of work the consultant is required to submit a final proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget to STT.
– One Rental Rights Guideline will be developed.
– Progress reports with verbal presentations of progress as appropriate.
– A final report on work undertaken and presentation to relevant staff and stakeholders.
– The organization of a training session for relevant staff on the whole process of development of the guideline.
4. Methods and Activities
The consultant will provide STT with the following:
– Produce the rental rights guideline.
– Receive comments from STT’s relevant staff.
– Provide training to STT’s relevant staff on the whole process of the development of the Guideline.
– Prepare a final report.
5. Support Team from STT
The consultant will work closely with the Community Mapping, Housing Improvement and Urban Resilience Project (CMHRP) Manager, the Senior Human Resource and Admin Officer, and relevant project managers and staff to facilitate this consultancy. Key contacts include:
|Mr. Lors Sren||CMHRP Manageremail@example.com|
|Ms. Net Chanthida||Senior Human Resource and Admin Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
6. Duration and Place of Work
This consultancy will commence as soon as possible and the duration of the contract will be three months from the start date. Specific duration will be stated in the service agreement once the consultancy is offered.
7. Consultancy Fee
This consultant will be compensated at a competitive rate.
8. Required qualifications of the Consultant
STT is looking for consultant with the following qualifications:
– Minimum of Bachelor Degree in a relevant field.
– Five years experience in providing organizational consultancy services on the topics mentioned by STT above.
– Highly effective team player.
– Good communication skills.
– Khmer language is an advantage.
9. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to STT’s Administration and Human Resources through email email@example.com
Closing date: February 25, 2022 before 5pm.